Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Something That Someone Should Do.

I will admit that I'm a facebook fiend. I'm not "that person" on your friends list with a million pictures up and a million applications, but I am "that person" who absolutely LOVES facebook groups. Which is okay, considering the fact that there are some pretty great groups on facebook - one to cater to my every interest, even the most minute things!
Among them, my recent favorite is "I picked a major I liked, and one day I will probably be living in a box", as this, like many of my artsy counterparts, is my future in a nutshell. If you were to view the discussion topic for this group, you'd notice some witty comments remarking on how they'll make their box unique, a remark highly understandable as it is coming from a lot of current art/history/music/writing/english/philosophy/PRIMARILY art future/current students. This sparked an idea in me - how has no photographer seen the opportunity in this?!
Although I do not own a camera, I've always fantasized about being a photographer. It seems like it would be an exciting endeavor to create an exhibit of photographs about one subject matter, and one of those could be the numerous college graduates-to-be and their fantasy boxes. Although many of these don't include the people who will eventually be living in them, they're still pretty cool! Do see:

Photobucket
The dream cardboard house...

cardboard house!
this one is cute...that kid is kind of freaky though...

Photobucket
This reminded me of that show "Out of the Box", the awesome show where they made it seem as if you could create a ridiculously awesome clubhouse out of a couple of cardboard boxes, some paint, and your imagination. Ohhh childhood, how you were so innocent.

Photobucket
It's the most realistic of all the ones ive seen...


Probably the cutest one I saw was this one made by a mother for her daughter. It's the quintessential house for all my friends, as they love cats.
Photobucket

Most of these boxes had children in them. While i was a plastic-toy-house/chairs-and-sheets kid, I think a group should be formed for those kids of this generation who enjoy their cardboard boxes, and plan to attain permanent residence in them as the future starving artists/musicians/writers...and this girl can be their spokesperson:
Photobucket
...then I'm going to make a replica cardboard house like this one. Except for it'll also include a "free therapy sessions for food" sign outside of it, and my two double-major psychology/journalism degrees taped up onto the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment